Sunday, June 7, 2015

love to run.

Fitness in color: my much loved Nike sneakers and exercise bands
When I began college four short years ago, I was far from an athlete. I rarely went to the gym; my half credit swimming class was pretty much the only way I got in any exercise during the week. However, as the campus meal plan began to catch up with me, I knew it was time to make working out a part of my routine.

Somehow, and I don't remember exactly when, I settled upon running. At first it was rough. I had to take breaks during my 20 minute lap around campus. Eventually though, I began pushing myself further and faster. I am now a solid member of the running fan club. It motivates me in a way that going to the gym never will. That's not to discount the gym of course. I definitely used the stationary bike quite a bit this year.

Overall though, running is my fitness passion. It makes me feel strong and keeps me energized. Admittedly, I'm still learning, especially in terms of technique. I'm sure I'm not breathing perfectly or landing in the best way possible yet. But I am running frequently, and that is so much more than my freshman self ever could have said. Who knows, maybe I'll even enter a race at some point!

xoxo

Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for your lovely messages. Follow me if you like my posts!